Pearson Interactive Science is our new science curriculum for the 2016-2017 school year. This curriculum has many aspects that I LOVE! We are able to do hands-on experiments and integrate technology with every lesson! "Research has shown that when students are fully engaged in their learning, they feel a greater sense of ownership resulting in increased achievement." (Pearson Education, Inc.)
Each student has their own access to the curriculum online through PearsonRealize.com. This resource will provide students with extra vocabulary practice, experiment ideas, videos to help them understand the content, and so much more! If you need help logging in at home, please don't hesitate to contact me! firstname.lastname@example.org
This 4th grade curriculum prepares them for the 5th grade AIR test. Most of the content they learn this year will be state-tested next year.
4th Grade: Ohio Science Standards
Earth & Space Science
- Earth's surface has specific characteristics and landforms that can be identified.
- The surface of Earth changes due to weathering.
- The surface of Earth changes due to erosion and deposition.
- Changes in an organism's environment are sometimes beneficial to its survival and sometimes harmful.
- Fossils can be compared to one another and to present-day organisms according to their similarities and differences.
- The total amount of matter is conserved when it undergoes a change.
- Energy can be transformed from one form to another or can be transferred from one location to another.
September: Chapter 1 - The Nature of Science
October: Chapter 2 - Plants & Animals
November: Chapter 4 - Ecosystems
December: Chapter 5 - Earth's Resources
January: Chapter 6 - Earth & Space
February: Chapter 7 - Matter
March: Chapter 8 - Energy & Heat
April: Chapter 9 - Electricity & Magnetism
May: Chapter 10 - Motion